HOME     Monthly Calendar     Contact Phone List    Directions     Teacher Login
Speech syllabus (pdf)


Speech/Language Services

 Ms. Frutchey

Speech/Language Specialist


908-459-4242 x307



Frequently asked questions:

What is a speech disorder?

When a person is unable to produce speech sounds correctly or fluently, or has problems with his or her voice, then he or she has a speech disorder.

What is a language disorder?

When a person has trouble understanding others (receptive language), or sharing thoughts, ideas, and feelings completely (expressive language), then he or she has a language disorder.

Language and speech disorders can exist together or by themselves. The problem can range from mild to severe. In any case, a comprehensive evaluation by a speech/language specialist is the first step to improving language and speech problems.

Who makes a referral for speech and language testing?

The classroom teacher or the parent(s)/guardian(s)

If I suspect my child has difficulty in the area of speech and language, what do I do?

Talk to your child’s teacher about how your child is doing in class and your concerns regarding your child’s speech and language skills. Discuss whether or not your child’s performance is being negatively impacted as a result of the speech and/or language difficulty. If so, then a referral to the Speech/Language Specialist should be made.


For more information regarding Speech/Language Development, please click the link below